Spanakopita Burgers & Sweet Potato Fries

I like to add a Spanakopita Burger to our menu periodically.  It is a moist burger with lots of flavor.  I use the Rachel Ray recipe from food.com as a starting point but I don't follow the recipe exactly.  I also like to serve them with Sweet Potato Fries. 

Here is a list of the changes that I make...
-I use fresh spinach and just tear it into small pieces.  I never have frozen spinach. 
-I use a yellow onion instead of a red onion because I rarely have a red onion on hand.
-I don't measure anything so my seasonings vary a bit each time I make these.
-These freeze pretty well.  I usually do a quick freeze and then use my Food Saver to seal them up.

Sweet Potato Fries
Cut 2-3 Sweet Potatoes into fries.  Toss with Olive Oil and Sea Salt. Bake in 350' oven for about 20 minutes. Stir half-way through.  To make fries a little crispy, cook under the broiler for 5-8 minutes after baking. 
Note:  Try to cut the fries about the same size so they cook evenly.

Comments