Freezer Meal: Loaded Baked Potato & Chicken Casserole



Loaded Baked Potato and Chicken Casserole

I was super excited to finally try this recipe from www.food.com.
I had made it as a Freezer Meal in June and it looked and smelled delicious as I was putting all of the ingredients together.  I changed a few things on the recipe and I made a few notes.

Notes:  I measured my 2 lbs. of cubed chicken and it equaled about 2 cups.  My potatoes stuck to my baking dish so I made a note to spray it better next time.  I used some homemade hot sauce but I would have used Tabasco if I did not have my own.  This recipe would be great fresh but I froze it.  I did let it thaw for a day in the refrigerator before I cooked it.  I added the chicken uncooked.  You could always brown it first.  I think it was fine uncooked but I think my "cubes" were a little large and I worried that they would not cook. They were fine but I will cut my "cubes" a little smaller next time just so I don't have to worry.




Use the link above to get a better image of the recipe and for a printable version.


I used small rectangular aluminum pans that I got at the Dollar Tree.  It is a perfect amount for a dinner and a lunch for my husband and I.  I filled 3 of the small pans so I had 3 dinners in the freezer and ready to go!

Comments