Zucchini Season

Zucchini Bread Recipe, easily adapted to be Gluten Free
It's zucchini season in my garden.  I have been doing really good this year at picking them small (I can't take all the credit, my husband is usually the one that picks them.)  They usually get big and out of hand!  I had 3 in the refrigerator so I decided it was time to make Zucchini Bread. The 3 zucchini totaled about 2 pounds and I ended up with about 7 cups of shredded zucchini.  That meant that I could make 7 batches of bread.  I ended up making 6 because I wanted to try a Carrot/Zucchini Bread Recipe that I found on Pinterest. (I will let you know how that turns out soon.)  I made 3 batches of Gluten Free Zucchini bread by using Namaste Gluten Free Flour Blend in place of the flour.  I like to add a few oats to this recipe (especially if I am using shredded zucchini that has been frozen.)  My family likes to eat it toasted with a little butter on it.

I like to make the bread and freeze it and then we can enjoy it all winter. I have shredded it and then froze it but I tend not to use it. 

I should add that I am not sure where this recipe originated.  My sister shared it with me years ago and I not sure who shared it with her.  I have adjusted it over the years by adding ground flax, oats, chia seeds and substituting gluten free flour to make it gluten free.

My other favorite zucchini recipe is Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins!  (recipe coming soon)

Digital Artwork on recipe card is from Panstoria.  (Link to Panstoria can be found on the bottom of my blog homepage.)

Comments