Painting the Vanity

Vanity photo by The Savvy Middle Sister
 This summer I am determined to complete some of the projects on my Project Bucket List.  I got motivated when I decided to turn my step-daughter's bedroom into a guest room.  I chose some colors that matched some of her wedding decor so I could utilize some of the decorations that we made for the wedding using Ball Mason Jars, burlap, and ribbon.

My first project was painting a vanity that my mom had given me several years ago. It wasn't a family heirloom or anything, in fact, it was a poorly painted piece of furniture but I liked it.  I attended an Amy Howard painting glass at my local Ace Hardware. I fell in love with the chalk paint and I left that night with a bag full of supplies.  I chose a white paint called Bauhaus Buff.  I put two coats of paint on the vanity, the stool, and the mirror.  I then sanded some of it to give it an aged look. I used the Amy Howard Clear Wax and Dark Antiquing Wax on it. 


I purchased some glass knobs from Craft Warehouse and my husband installed them for me.  I wanted some vintage glass knobs but I wasn't willing to pay the price. I may upgrade at some point!

Comments