Fall is one my favorite seasons.  I love the crisp morning air and the cool evenings.  My favorite days are the ones that you need to turn the heat on in your car in the morning and then you need the windows down on the way home.  I spent an 84 degree fall day picking the pumpkins and cutting down the cornstalks in my garden. 

Check out the etched pumpkin.  The Pumpkin Fairy visited the garden this summer and
etched my granddaughters name into a small pumpkin.
  

I used an old chair and an old crate in my display this year.  My corn didn't really grow so I ended up with "mini" corn stalks.  They were pretty cute.  Some of them were so small I put them into an old watering can and placed them on the chair.  Can you find Kallie's etched pumpkin?
              The long, skinny pumpkin propped up against the planter box grew in the compost pile.  Some years I get some pretty crazy gourds from the compost pile!



My pumpkins did not grow very well this year so I ended up with a small amount and none of the gourds grew. Front Porch Decorating Day is one of the best days of the whole year. 


Comments