Pumpkin Baking Day

Nothing says fall like a Pumpkin Baking Day!  My step-daughter, Kendahl, and I spent a whole afternoon trying out new pumpkin recipes that we found on Pinterest.  We started our baking day with Pumpkin Spice drinks from Starbuck's.

Pumpkin Spice to start the day!
We chose 4 different recipes.

Melt in your Mouth Pumpkin Cookies from myhoneyplace.com
photo by thesavvymiddlesister.com
Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting from sugarapron.com
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes from momwhatsfordinner.com
Cinnamon and Sugar Pumpkin Muffins from averiecooks.com

We had a fun afternoon trying out new recipes.  Being in the kitchen with others is one of the things that I enjoy the most.  Of course, we had to sample each of our treats.  My favorite recipe was the Melt in your Mouth Pumpkin Cookies.  They were frosted and we both agreed that they would be great with mini chocolate chips added.  I loved these cookies so much that I made them again using Bob's Red Mill 1 to 1 Gluten Free Flour.  The gluten free cookies were just as amazing.  They stayed round and didn't really flatten out. I ended up cooking them a little longer.

The Pumpkin Bars were also amazing.  The recipe said to use a 9x9 pan. I think if I made these again that I would use a larger pan so the bars are thinner.  I would also like to try them using gluten free flour.  I liked the cream cheese frosting but any buttercream frosting would also be delicious.

We had Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes for dinner. They were tasty.  We used real maple syrup instead of the Cinnamon Syrup on the recipe.  I was tempted to add some chopped toasted walnuts but I didn't!  These tasted very "gourmet", like they might be served at a bed and breakfast or something!

The Cinnamon and Sugar Pumpkin Muffins were probably my least favorite, however, they were still good.  We made two batches so we could try one batch using gluten free flour.  We could have cooked the gluten free batch a little longer.  I would also cut back on the spices and add only half the molasses.  The molasses and the spices almost overpower the pumpkin and I would rather taste the pumpkin.

I would definitely try all of these again and the cookies and the bars will be my "go-to" recipes this fall!
photo by thesavvymiddlesister.com

Comments

  1. I saved about a cup of the gluten free dough for the Pumpkin Cookies in the refrigerator for a few days. I wanted to see if this was a good recipe to make up and bake later. I baked the cookies and frosted them and they turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pumpkin cookies really were "melt in your mouth". This recipe is amazing. Thanks, Cori!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed the cookies. This recipe has become my new favorite! Happy Baking.

      Delete

Post a Comment