Hello Fall

I have been trying to fight off fall for the past few weeks.  I had such an amazing summer that I resisted that fall was quickly approaching.  The morning air had turned crisp and the evenings were cool but I still wanted summer to stick around a little longer.

Today I welcomed fall by decorating around my home.  My favorite fall decoration is the pumpkins and corn stalks on my front porch.  Some years my husband will take it upon himself to decorate for me and I am always impressed with what he comes up with.  Other years he throws the bale of straw on the porch and fills the wheelbarrow with my pumpkins and gourds from the garden and then I get to work my magic!  This year it was a team effort.  He picked the garden and delivered the goods to the porch and I put it all together. I decided to skip the straw bale because I wanted to use my "garage sale find" wheelbarrow.
My wheelbarrow was a $3 garage sale find!
photo by thesavvymiddlesister.com

photo by thesavvymiddlesister.com
Fall mums make me smile.  I purchased several this year to use in my decor!  I planted several in my pumpkin planter.  I made the pumpkin planter at a workshop for women at The Home Depot.  
Mums in pumpkin planter.
photo by the savvymiddlesister.com

photo by thesavvymiddlesister.com
I used my amazing potting bench today for the first time. My husband built it for me for Christmas last year out of barn wood.  I love all of the special touches that he added to it.
My potting bench.
photo by thesavvymiddlesister.com

photo by thesavvymiddlesister.com


Comments

  1. Love the way the porch turned out!!! Inspired to get some decorating done this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jen! Happy Porch Decorating! I can't wait to see some pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment