Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins

I keep thinking that I am done with the zucchini for this season but then I pick another one.  I have several loaves of bread in my freezer and several dozen Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins.  We eat these all winter long.  I love to pull a couple out of the freezer and pop them into the microwave for a few seconds!  The chocolate melts a little and they are delicious.

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
from thesavvymiddlesister.com

1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg lightly beaten
1/2 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1/2 cup oatmeal

In a medium bowl combine all dry ingredients and set aside.  In a large bowl, combine the egg, oil, milk, lemon juice and vanilla; mix well.  Stir dry mixture into large bowl and mix until moistened. Fold in zucchini, chocolate chips, and oatmeal.  Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups two-thirds full.  Bake at 350' for 20-25 minutes.  Makes about 18 muffins.  

I usually make this recipe Gluten Free by using Namaste Gluten Free Flour Blend.  I have also added some flax seed and chia seed. I also like to use my mini muffin pan.  I get about 20-24 mini muffins.

Comments