Flea Markets, Garage Sales, & the Farmer's Market


Saturday adventures with my husband.
This weekend my husband I ventured out to find a flea market in a nearby town. Along he way we found a local Farmer's Market and decided to check things out.  We sampled local farm fresh peaches, coffee, flavored rum and fruit flavored vodka.  Our big purchase was some sweet and salty kettle corn.

We finally found the Flea Market sign so we parked and went in.  The sign said $2 admission and it looked small so we were a bit hesitant.  One lady said that it was free today so we went in.  We didn't find anything cool so we were a little disappointed since we had been driving around for about an hour to try and find it!  We did, however, see a sign for a vintage market within walking distance.  This store did not disappoint.  We found some cool treasures but we only made one purchase, a vintage Ball jelly jar with a lid. I had never seen one before and I loved the metal lid.

On our way home we passed a Neighborhood Garage Sale sign and decided to stop.  We found several small garage sales.  We parked a few different times and walked around to several sales.  I got over 6,000 steps on my FitBit so I figured that if we didn't find any treasures that at least we would get some steps in. I found a few children's books & sheet music that I wanted to use for some craft projects.  We stopped at one house that only had a few items but we spotted an old Fire Alarm box.  We ended up chatting with the guy for over 30 minutes but in the end he gave it to us for $50 and threw in a beat up fire helmet.  I felt like we got a really good deal so when we got in the car I checked on ebay for alarm boxes.  I found several styles and none exactly the same but I they were priced between $200-$500!  We won't be selling it but I was convinced we really did get a good deal!

Comments